Learn Welsh Courses at Nant Gwrtheyrn
Congratulations on your decision to Learn Welsh and welcome to Nant Gwrtheyrn, the country’s first and only residential Welsh language course centre
By learning Welsh, which is spoken by over 580,000 people in Wales, you are opening doors to many new opportunities and experiences. Those of you who have already started learning Welsh are aware of the advantages of understanding and being able to pronounce the language around you. This process will double your options for entertainment, with Welsh medium television, radio and websites available for speakers of the language, as well as eventually a whole spectrum of literature spanning the centuries.
People learn Welsh for many different reasons, for work, for family, to feel a part of the community or for any variety of incentives. Whatever your reason for learning the language, your experience should be enjoyable and fulfilling. Here at Nant Gwrtheyrn we aim to ensure that we give you the best experience possible to accomplish your own personal goals.
If you are not sure which Welsh course is right for you, visit our Which Welsh Course?
Click to see our programmes for 2012 and 2013!
Rhaglen 2012 Programme
Cyrsiau 2013 Courses
Please see October 2011 Learners' Newsletter
Newyddlen Ddwyieithog / Bilingual Newsletter
- 3 and 5 day Welsh courses at all levels throughout the year
- tailor-made courses for groups with special interests
What makes the Nant Gwrtheyrn experience different to other venues?
- Learn quickly on our intensive courses
- stunning location where the student is surrounded by Welsh speakers who are here to help
- opportunity to visit the local community to use your Welsh
- two evenings of Welsh entertainment.
Where would I be staying?
- 4* en-suite single accommodation
- licensed café with a wide variety of food
- We also welcome day students.
- Nant Gwrtheyrn is an important heritage site.
- History exhibitions in chapel
- Period house showing quarry life at the end of the 19th century.
Nant Gwrtheyrn – a unique experience for every Welsh Learner
Last year, Nant Gwrtheyrn was 30 years old. To celebrate, our Higher 2 students (25 - 29 June 2012) filmed their experiences of learning the Welsh language. Enjoy!